Schlumberger Regulatory/Product Stewardship Specialist in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Regulatory/Product Stewardship Specialist
Location: Aberdeen - United Kingdom
The Regulatory/Product Stewardship Specialist actively addresses regulatory compliance and environmental health and safety concerns pertaining to chemical and raw materials usage within GRC-C. This position will ensure that we continue to meet current and future product regulatory compliance requirements including the implementation of the Globally Harmonized System for the Classification and Labelling of Hazardous Chemicals.
He/She reports to the Product Stewardship Manager
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides Environmental/Health/Safety (EH&S) expertise and coordinates input to new chemical product development.
- Maintains and interpret chemical supplier’s composition data for hazard assessments.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of hazard communication requirements.
- Advises and communicate on hazardous material transportation requirements and Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
- Work within cross-functional teams to develop solutions for the management and improvement of the SDS authoring process.
- Coordinate data management for hazard assessments and classification criteria to support new and existing products.
- Review and analyze product physical and health hazard testing as provided by clients necessary for proper hazardous classification.
- Participates in the activities pertaining to the WERCS database in respect to chemical data input, and document authoring, and phrase translations.
- Monitor, interpret, communicate, and assess business impact of product compliance regulations for the Western Hemisphere, and similar regulations worldwide.
- Represent company on external trade groups and teams to support business objectives.
- Be a key supporting player in Schlumberger wider EH&S activities including Product Stewardship, Toxicology, Research &Engineering, Market Development, Supply Chain and Customer Service.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS or MS Degree in Chemical/ Environmental Engineering, Health Science/ Toxicology, or Biology/ environmental/ occupational science
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product development and/or HSE field
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory standards and laws governing the use of chemicals, as set by Governments/ Industry in the various countries, and the petrochemical industry
- Experience in authoring SDS using SDS authoring software such as WERCS or SAP EHS
- Experience working with oilfield and production chemistries
- Current Dangerous Goods (DG) multimodal training
- Experience with HTS and export control classification
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal & negotiation skills
- Computer literacy, particularly of spreadsheet applications
- Practical knowledge of organic chemistry
- Ability to research and interpret regulations
- Demonstrates a practical knowledge of OSHA hazard communication
- Organizational and time management skills
- Able to handle multiple work interruptions and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Participate in cross functional teams with minimal supervision
- Able to travel as necessary
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.