Schlumberger Software Security Engineer in Abingdon, United Kingdom
Software Security Engineer
Location: Abingdon - United Kingdom
We require an experienced C++ software engineer to maintain and support key software security tools which enable our products worldwide. The focus of this team is the delivery of commercial security and licensing solutions to protect software for the energy sector.
This work requires the successful applicant to be experienced in C++, but potentially also have the flexibility to work with Cloud technologies such as Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure, as well as being able to propose and assist with the planning of the delivered solutions.
The development team works closely with the product and service teams in Abingdon and from the wider Schlumberger organization, as well as engaging with external groups on various aspects.
To be successful the applicant must be comfortable working in an Agile software development environment, be able to demonstrate strong initiative, as well as proactively collaborating with other groups.
- Multiple years of commercial experience developing in C++
- Good understanding of Windows and LINUX
- Experience with Cloud computing (e.g. Google Cloud Platform & Microsoft Azure)
- Experience of authn/z in web tokens
- Knowledge of symmetric and asymmetric cryptography
- Scripting – e.g. bash and Python
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
- Ability to write clean and efficient code
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work to commercial deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Combine technical skills and design sensibilities
- Learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Degree or higher qualification in either Computer Science, or Mathematics, Science or Engineering Discipline with programming experience.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.