Schlumberger Sourcing Leader in Al, United States
Location: Al-Khobar - Saudi Arabia
We are looking for a Sourcing Leader , Saudi national for our Supply Chain operations in Al-Khobar..
Implements strategies and tactics to effectively manage the local sourcing of a Center/Basin/Country portfolio in order to maximize supplier performance (cost, quality, lead time) and support the business plan. Responsibilities may include managing a team of Sourcing Specialists.
Direct Report: Sourcing Manager; and maintains close relationship with Supplier Managers and Category Managers.
Cross functional relationship: Maintains a close working relationship with Category, Supplier Management and Sustaining teams
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Creates sourcing plans that secure supply and minimize supply chain disruptions, in accordance with Category sourcing strategies - Develops action plans, timelines and resource assignments for sourcing projects - Locates and selects a high-performance supply base in accordance with short-list of preferred suppliers defined by Category managers - Leads the RFI/Q/P (Request for Information/Quotation/information/Proposal) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and total cost of ownership - Leads supplier evaluation, assessment, qualification, and selection processes, up to parts and process qualification, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams, and Supplier Manager - Negotiates prices and terms with suppliers in order to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives - Leads the contracting process with suppliers in coordination with Sourcing Specialists and Supply Chain Contract Specialists - Allocates product demand across suppliers and in line with the Global Category Strategy and the Global Supplier Management Strategy - Monitors sourcing projects to assure on-time completion and guaranteed supply for all portfolios - Builds strong relationships with internal customers in order to meet defined objectives - Responsible for delivering a top performing workforce - Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks - Complies with all Schlumberger and local procedures applicable to the job function - Employees may be assigned other duties in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
Specific deliverables of the position:
- Sourcing plans - Effective supplier base including lead time, quality and cost improvements. - Contracts and pricing agreements.
Key Performance metrics that relate to the job:
- Cost Savings - % Managed Spend - % Global Sourcing - % Spend with Preferred suppliers - Reduction of the numbers of Approved Suppliers
Previous Experience and Competencies:
Bachelor or Master Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing.
3 years experience in sourcing
Competencies to be kept current:
- Interpersonal skills including;
- High collaboration with others
- Managing Change
- Must have good Leadership and management skills
- Must be Analytical and structured and be able to influence change
- Performance management capability.
Ability to demonstrate principled leadership with sound business ethics and consistency with principles, values, and behavior.
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. We have more than 20 years of experience in delivering world-class service to our customers through integrated projects. These projects range from basic service coordination through to complete development and abandonment of fields. To meet the growing needs of our business we are encouraging applications from experienced professionals who share our passion for delivering excellence in all aspects of project delivery.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.