Schlumberger Assistant Tax Manager in Bangkok, Thailand
Assistant Tax Manager
Location: Bangkok - Thailand
We are currently seeking to hire a qualified and experienced Assistant Tax Manager , a permanent position based in Bangkok.
Reporting to the Thailand and Cambodia Tax Manager you will be responsible for compliance and tax planning implementation for operations in Thailand and Cambodia. Responsibilities are for all tax related matters including income tax, VAT, employment taxes and transfer pricing matters along with other compliance tasks related to fiscal accounts and other reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with management of tax audits
- Review and file local fiscal accounts and tax returns in compliance with local regulations
- Review intercompany agreements and practices
- Audit internal compliance with tax regulations
- Review the balance sheet tax position quarterly
- Recommend and Implement tax plans
- Review employee related withholdings and tax related issues.
- Develop strategy and implement plans to optimize the company’s future tax position
- Support operations in the planning process, setting up new operations, and in the reviewing of client bids and client contracts
- Understand, review, implement, and assist in the development of Sarbanes Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant degree holders, successful candidates must be suitably qualified
- Minimum 3 plus years’ experience in a Tax related role (ideally Big 4), exposure to the Oil and Gas industry prefered.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills (including good English) and the ability to work well in a team environment.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.