Schlumberger Tax/Treasury in Bangkok, Thailand
Location: Bangkok - Thailand
We are currently seeking to hire a qualified and experienced Tax Accountant , based in Bangkok.
Reporting to the Thailand and Cambodia Assistant Tax Manager you will be responsible for compliance and tax planning implementation for operations in Thailand and Cambodia. Responsibilities are for all tax related matters including income tax, VAT, employment taxes and transfer pricing matters along with other compliance tasks related to fiscal accounts and other reporting.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Assist with management of tax audits
- Review and file local fiscal accounts and tax returns in compliance with local regulations
- Review intercompany agreements and practices
- Audit internal compliance with tax regulations
- Review the balance sheet tax position quarterly
- Recommend and Implement tax plans
- Review employee related withholdings and tax related issues.
- Develop strategy and implement plans to optimize the company’s future tax position
- Support operations in the planning process, setting up new operations, and in the reviewing of client bids and client contracts
- Understand, review, implement, and assist in the development of Sarbanes Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
The successful candidate will be suitably qualified. Have 3 plus years’ experience in a Tax related role (ideally Big 4), with exposure to the Oil and Gas industry preferable. They will have advanced oral and written communication skills (including good English) and the ability to work well in a team environment.
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing approximately 100,000 people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry's most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.