Schlumberger QC Inspector in Florence, Kentucky
Location: Florence - United States
Schlumberger has an opening in Florence, KY for a QC Inspector . The Quality Inspector is responsible to conduct quality control activities within the manufacturing center. This translates primarily to conducting inspection and test activities within the function they are attached to, report the result of these activities (including any nonconformance found), and perform other related supporting activities to enable these. Thus he/she needs to have hands-on practical skills to conduct the activities he/she is assigned to, complemented by understanding of the overall Quality Management System they operate under, how would the nonconformance they face with daily would affect the performance of the overall equipment/system they’re built into, and basic Information technology (IT) skills to enable conducting operation.
The candidate may work on any of the following:
- Inspect documentation/part/component/material/subassemblies/equipment against stated specification(s), ensuring that each inspection is done using measurement system with valid calibration and acceptable repeatability and reproducibility following applicable inspection procedure/Standard Work and ensure compliance against these.
- Proficient with the programming and operation of Coordinate Measure Machines (CMM), preferably using Zeiss Calypso software.
- Perform these tests as per their test procedure/Standard Work and ensure compliance against these.
- Ensures all inspection/test activities are conducted in safe manner: participate in creation/review of HARC (Hazard Analysis and Risk Control) for these activities and ensure a valid one is available prior to conducting the activity.
- When authorized, perform calibration of measurement systems following the defined procedure for the activity.
- Be familiar with inspection/test procedure/Standard Work or test plan they would carry out; provide input to continuously improve them
- Document the results of inspections and tests conducted using the designated business system, following the defined procedure/test plan- including any nonconformance(s) found. Verify stability of result over time (when system to do this is in place).
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Graduate, College Degree a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of CMM programming experience, preferably using Zeiss Calypso software
- Computer skills including MS Office products.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.