Schlumberger Driller in Houston, Texas
Location: Houston - United States
The Driller is responsible for drill floor operations including draw works, mud circulating systems, rotary systems, and BOP equipment. Service quality, job preparation, planning, mentoring, and safety are key priorities in this role. The position reports to the Rig Manager.
Successful Drillers learn and adapt quickly to problems and new situations, they pursue everything with energy, drive and a need to finish, and use logic to solve problems with effective solutions. They are good listeners and can communicate effectively with managers, peers and clients. They work well independently and within a team and are committed to continuous improvement.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Participates in pre-tour and tool-box meetings with the drilling crew.
- Complies fully with all QHSE requirements and policies, and communicates safe working practices on the drill floor at all times.
- Fills up and records daily QHSE inspection reports.
- Leads by visible example, minimizing delegation of authority when handling key operations.
- Keeps drill floor, tools and equipment clean and in good working order, and reports any problems or deviations.
- Knows well control procedures, and blowout preventer equipment and procedures.
- Recognizes basic warning signs of kick and acts to prevent any incidents.
- Oversees and performs maintenance of the derrick and drilling fluid system equipment.
- Maintains equipment files, drilling logs and records.
- Directs, assists, and performs technical calculations to carry out drilling operations.
- Interprets and responds to down hole conditions.
- Reads and interprets gauges, meters and instruments.
- Plans work for the drill crew and provides leadership and motivation.
- Advises supervisor of all current or changing conditions, and instructions from the operator.
- Trains and evaluates the drilling crew and acts as a mentor.
- Sets the crews’ yearly objectives and follows up progress via quarterly reviews.
- Wears required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Completes all required training.
Qualifications and Experience :
- Minimum three years’ experience of rig operations onshore or offshore, with one year derrickhand experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently.
- Has the required proficiency level for the position based on the company competency catalog.
- Cyber chair and joy stick experience
- Land Rig experience
- Valid IWCF certification
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.