Schlumberger Visualization Engineer in Houston, Texas
Location: Houston - United States
Schlumberger has an opening in Houston, Texas for a Visualization Engineer . GTC is looking for a highly motivated Visualization Engineer who has the passion to develop, extend and maintain our core visualization foundation which enables highly interactive and cutting-edge 2D/3D scientific visualizations tools. The candidate would apply their knowledge of real time 2D/3D graphics to help scientists to understand the Earth subsurface with an accurate representation of what normally cannot be seen with a naked eye. This is a high-impact position responsible to create high-end visualization software tools which will be used by our clients all around the world. This position will report to the Project Manager.
Main responsibilities include:
- Collaborate effectively in a cross functional team comprising architects, engineers, quality assurance, project manager, and an end user representative.
- Work closely as needed with Usability & UX designers on user experience concept ideation and implementation.
- Research and develop techniques to interactively visualize large amounts of data in real time.
- Guide the testing efforts for all visualization tools and components, Unit testing
Qualifications & Experience
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering preferred with specialization in Computer Graphics.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in 3D Visualization.
- Strong background in interactive, real-time 3D graphics using OpenGL or Open Inventor.
- Good experience with 2D graphics using INT’s GeoToolkit
- Must have experience with C++ or Java
- GPU programming (GLSL, CUDA)
- Strong mathematics, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Computational geometry knowledge and / or experience nice to have
- Good knowledge / experience in software architecture, object-oriented design, design patterns
- Knowledge / experience in professional software engineering practices comprising unit testing
- Good drawing and prototyping / storyboarding skills
- Good understanding of Google Cloud Platform
- Comfortable working in Windows and Linux environments
- Experience with Git and / or TFS
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.