Schlumberger Supplier Leader in Katy, Texas
Location: Katy - United States
The Supplier Leader manages the global relationship with an assigned supplier or group of local suppliers of a Center/Basin/Country portfolio, in accordance with the Category Management strategy. Represents the focal point of contact and ensures "one voice" with the assigned suppliers.
Successful candidates can demonstrate principled leadership with sound business ethics and consistency with principles, values, and behavior. Strong Interpersonal skills including: High collaboration with others; Managing Change; Negotiating; Presentation; Professional communications. Ability to demonstrate principled leadership with sound business ethics and consistency with principles, values, and behavior.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Sets performance objectives with assigned suppliers (cost reduction, lead time reduction, Quality improvement). Defines baseline, improvement targets and monitors progress through a regularly updated supplier scorecard.
- Prepares and leads regular management reviews (Scorecards with main performance indicators, strategic positioning evaluation, 3-year business perspectives, and strategic product/market developments).
- Reviews and consolidates internal demand provided by the Centers and arbitrates issues.
- Prepares for and manages negotiations in accordance with Group interests.
- Selects target tools/products and conducts total cost of integration analysis at tool/product level, including Price, Lead Time and Quality costs.
- Leads the supplier risk assessment and ensures regular updates.
- Communicates the supplier's strategy and all key events of the relationship to the Category, Sourcing, Supplier Quality teams, and Center Supply Chain Managers. Reports deviations to plan and takes appropriate action to correct direction.
- Participates in internal and supplier audits under supervision of the Supply Chain Center Manager/Geomkt
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks.
- Complies with all Schlumberger and local procedures applicable to the job function
- Employees may be assigned other duties in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
- Specific deliverables of the position; Supplier analysis, Price reduction and Cost savings targets, Lead time and non-conformance improvement targets, Supplier engagement strategy, Supplier compliance reports.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Supply Chain or Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years’ Supply Chain experience preferably Manufacturing related.
- Proficient in MS Office suite.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.