Schlumberger Driller - Offshore Platform in Macae, Brazil
Driller - Offshore Platform
Location: Macae - Brazil
The Driller is responsible for drill floor operations including draw works, mud circulating systems, rotary systems, and BOP equipment. Service quality, job preparation, planning, mentoring, and safety are key priorities in this role. The position reports to the Toolpusher.
Successful Drillers learn and adapt quickly to problems and new situations, they pursue everything with energy, drive and a need to finish, and use logic to solve problems with effective solutions. They are good listeners and can communicate effectively with managers, peers and clients. They work well independently and within a team and are committed to continuous improvement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participates in pre-tour and tool-box meetings with the drilling crew.
- Complies fully with all QHSE requirements and policies and communicates safe working practices on the drill floor at all times.
- Fills up and records daily QHSE inspection reports.
- Leads by visible example, minimizing delegation of authority when handling key operations.
- Keeps drill floor, tools and equipment clean and in good working order, and reports any problems or deviations.
- Knows well control procedures, and blowout preventer equipment and procedures.
- Recognizes basic warning signs of kick and acts to prevent any incidents.
- Oversees and performs maintenance of the derrick and drilling fluid system equipment.
- Maintains equipment files, drilling logs and records.
- Directs, assists, and performs technical calculations to carry out drilling operations.
- Interprets and responds to down hole conditions.
- Reads and interprets gauges, meters and instruments.
- Plans work for the drill crew and provides leadership and motivation.
- Advises supervisor of all current or changing conditions, and instructions from the operator.
- Trains and evaluates the drilling crew and acts as a mentor.
- Sets the crews’ yearly objectives and follows up progress via quarterly reviews.
- Wears required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Completes all required training.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated as Driller preferably with technician background including IWCF wellcontrol certificate.
- Five years experience in drilling operations with minimum two years’ experience in position as Driller of rig operations offshore.
- Has the required proficiency level for the position based on the company competency catalog.
- Fluent in Portuguese and good in English
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.