Schlumberger Field Sales Representative - Drilling Tools in Odessa, Texas
Field Sales Representative - Drilling Tools
Location: Odessa - United States
The Field Sales Representative is responsible to make sales calls to client field locations and wellsite operations to sell product line’s products and/or services within a field sales territory. He/She has regular and productive contact with customers and customer representatives and is often actively involved in the result of the sales.
Thomas Tools, a Schlumberger company, provides an extensive selection of oilfield rental tools, tubulars, and surface equipment that is safe, reliable, and high-quality. Founded in 1961, the company has grown to become the leading supplier of drilling, completion, and workover rental equipment.
This position is based in Odessa, TX and reports to the Location Sales Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Acquiring new jobs from Customers by developing and maintaining relationships with Company man on location and field office supervisors.
- Focus on customer relations through one-on-one interaction with present customers and potential customers. Act as customer interface with operations.
- Identify, qualify and close sales opportunities; prioritize actions and plan ahead for sales prospects
- Identify potential cross product line opportunities
- Responsible for collecting Customer signatures on DT’s and transfers.
- Provide basic product/service recommendations and present to the client
- Help with pulling and staging jobs being readied for delivery, as well as checking jobs in and out.
- Taking inventory of drill pipe and tool basket on well transfers. Notify Company man of any missing equipment after physical inventory.
- Complete well transfer sheet and email to Operations to transfer equipment to the new well.
- Doing local hotshots by picking up and/or returning equipment.
- When needed, assist AR Department in following up with Customers regarding invoice issues.
- Assist operations when not needed in the field.
- Attend training courses to develop knowledge of company’s key technologies, as well as competitor practices
- Implement and comply with all Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Comply with all government, industry and company regulations and standards to ensure a healthy and safe work environment, as well as, reduce environmental impact
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum High School / GED required. Bachelors degree in Engineering, Marketing and Sales, Business or equivalent preferred.
- 3+ years of drilling related sales experience is highly preferred
- Prior oilfield experience in West Texas region preferred
- Valid clean state motor vehicle operator's license
- Good interpersonal and sales skills with customers and inside personnel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is a must
- Willingness to travel
- Has initiative and ability to work effectively with little direction and/or few guidelines
- Excellent analytical, administrative, communications and organizational skills
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship now or in the future
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.