Schlumberger SPM Production Technologist ATLAS PROGRAM ( UniversityParkPA16802) in University Park, Pennsylvania
Schlumberger will attend or host university recruitment events for this position in your area.
Position: Schlumberger Production Management (SPM) Production Technologist ATLAS PROGRAM
As part of a multidisciplinary asset team, Junior Production Technologist is responsible for achieving lifecycle production targets, economic and contractual and reservoir management objectives, and monitoring, evaluation and optimization of production. He/She liaises with third parties and other Schlumberger Segments to design & coordinate activities & resources. Plans and supervises routine and most non-routine well intervention operations. He/she supports Asset team on field development planning and maintenance, capable of developing production and completion strategy, production forecasts,
budgets, identification/implementation of new technologies.
• Participates in Field Development Planning activities including working with multidisciplinary team to evaluate field production, reservoir management plans, and production enhancement strategy
• Evaluate Well/Field performances and recommends remedial and/or enhancement activities for
optimum ultimate recovery.
• Performs analysis of technical data and studies, including well tests, production performance,PLT, RFT, PVT data; and assist with reservoir modeling and simulation
• Assist Sr. Production Technologist to provide detailed workover/well re-entry requirements.
• Assist Sr. Production Technologist to prepare Well Intervention Proposals
• Participate in production operations in his/her assigned asset
• Liases with Operations & Facilities Engineers on troubleshooting and de-bottlenecking in
• Determines the optimum production system and operating envelopes
• Analyzes and defines the cause of well performance failures and generates candidates for
• Proposes & designs preventative and remedial production activities
• Provides cost data for financial modeling - hardware costs, installation costs, operating, workover and maintenance estimates.
• Provides an assessment of safety and environmental impact for all recommendations.
Defines the most appropriate artificial lift system for a particular field and to provide the basic design.
• Assist Sr. Production Technologist to analyse efficiency of Reservoir Pressure Maintenance,
EOR and proposes corrections & improvements.
• Ensure the integrity of the remedial and workover activities
• Ensure that key technical risks and uncertainties are assessed.
• Ensures Proper communication with relevant parties (Client, segments, third parties, etc.)
• Maintains full awareness of Production technology related developments across all product
Lines, including R & D centers.
• Maintains an industry watch in Completions and Production Technology, which could contribute
to Schlumberger business and SPM Asset
Production/Reservoir Engineer Atlas Candidate should have a M.Sc. Engineering with the following;
Ability to work in multidisciplinary team
Strong engineering academic background
Internships experience in oil & gas operator/service provider
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Degree Summary: - MS in Engineering
Minimum GPA: 3.0 / 4.0
Full Time: May 2015 - May 2017
Please apply online at careers.slb.com